Saturday, January 26, 2008

Diamonds and Guns

Our recent trip to Mexico reminded me that America is a land of excess and the new TV that we just bought is a perfect example of that. As you can see here, we just bought a 61" HDTV. Jenni really wanted to get a plasma TV so we could mount it on the wall like they always show in the commercials, but I was more interested in screen real estate (as evidenced by the difference between our old TV that I'm sitting on and the new one). I had been really hesitant to get one, but then we saw this one for a GREAT deal at Costco and I was sold.

We're still waiting for our Dish receiver to be upgraded to an HD signal, but it's already been fun to watch DVDs and such on my newest toy, and I can't wait to watch the big game in all of its HD glory. Everyone is invited to come and join the festivities, if you can just get yourself down here.

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Looks good! You'll have to post pics of the table you guys bought too. I'm trying to find one that I like.

Brad said...

Very nice. My parents got one recently and I'm sure I'm going to miss once I finally get out of here...

Bryce said...

Dave, you have just stated your claim to being a man by making that purchase. That is the biggest TV i've every seen.

Unknown said...

Ya, playing Halo 3 on a big TV is a life changing experience.

Emily Blais said...

um, the tv is as big as you Dave.

Unknown said...

I know. Isn't is great?