Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Questions of the 21st century

I've always readily admitted to being a computer nerd and I thoroughly enjoy cataloging everything online (MySpace/Facebook, blogs, and especially pictures), so I've started to consider if we'll create an online "identity" for our kid. There's just something about being able to have pictures and info about your life readily available in an organized and easily viewable format that I really like. Despite the fact that I appreciate the shoe boxes of pictures that my parents kept of me, I just don't really see myself looking through them all that often. Jenni's still a little hesitant with the idea, but I'm just fascinated by the ease of communication and connectivity that the services like email and Facebook provide. But our kids are probably doomed to have at least a little computer nerd in them, so I imagine that things will eventually go that way whether we like it or not.